Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What. A. Day.

I got everything done I needed to get done – and frankly, I'm stunned!

Doctor's appointment first thing in the morning, then checked in at work, then my landlord called and said the plumber was at the apartment next door RIGHT THEN, so if I wanted him to address my problem, I needed to go RIGHT THEN. So I did, and I stood in the driveway with Hobie sweating like a freak for at least a half an hour while he did his thing in my apartment. (Since Hobie hates men, I have to get him and vacate the house for stuff like that. The pest control man and I have each others' cell numbers!) When I came in the house to get Hobie, though, he greeted me by throwing up at my feet in the hallway. He doesn't normally do that on command, so to speak, so I don't know what's up there but I hope it resolved itself! It was almost like he was saying "Hi Mom! Here's something else for you to clean up before you leave!! Thank God I have really good carpet cleaner.

Once that was done, I went back to work to grab all my stuff (didn't realize the plumber would take that long) and raced to West Point, where I stood outside and sweated some more while a bike tour came through town. You can read about that at fullercenterbiketrip.com. I met Millard Fuller in 2003 when he still was with Habitat for Humanity. Another reporter got to meet former President Jimmy Carter, who also came through town, and I admit, initially I was jealous. Now I firmly believe I got the better end of the deal!

Swung back by the office and called CSX to report a broken railroad crossing I'd passed on the way in and made sure I had everything I need to write the bike tour story on my laptop this afternoon. Then later I'm headed BACK to West Point for a meeting tonight. I just hope it's inside, with air conditioning.

No comments: