Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm back!

So, loyal readers (all two of you!) may have noticed this blog was untouched for a couple of days. Well, we had a technical issue, that being my neighbors' wireless was down for two days! No, I'm not *stealing* it, they let me hook on with their knowledge and blessing. Still, I felt weird crossing the driveway to let them know I was no longer able to take advantage of the free service! It was fixed this morning though – I think they had to reset their router, at least according to *my* diagnostics! – so, we're back! 

Anyway, I figured this was a sign that I should take the weekend and finally clean my apartment, which I've needed to do for a while, now. Instead, I stopped at the bookstore and got two books to get me through the weekend! I finished them last night, so thank God, the Internet's back up! I have to say though, the first book was a biography of the two brothers who run the "Time Bandit," one of the boats on the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch." Don't know if you've seen it, but this show definitely is "must-see TV"!! The other book is called "Look me in the Eye!" and it's written by the brother of Augusten Burroughs, one of my FAVORITE authors. This book is just as good, it's about his brother's lifelong struggle with Asperger's Syndrome. It also gives a different (slightly) account of the brothers' childhood, which Burroughs has documented in his books, most notably "Running with Scissors" which was made into a movie. 

As far as other things that happened while I was "away," I went Thursday to the visitation and Friday to the funeral of a lady in West Point who was a fan of my writing, even before I knew who she was. "Mama Dot" was a sweet lady and I'm glad I got to go and honor her and spend time with her family. She left me a message one day not too long ago, complimenting me on a story. I saved it (I try to save all my "good" messages) and I'm very glad I did. 

No comments: