Monday, July 21, 2008

Hobie loves the bank

It's a day or two late, but I have to tell this story. My mileage check came Saturday morning, so I put Hobie in the car and headed for the bank drive-through to deposit it. Hobie loves any trip that's not to the vet or groomer, and he's quite fascinated by the fact that the lady on the other side of the glass talks to him. He climbs up in my lap – yep, all 60 pounds of him – to get a closer look.

Well, I can never change banks, because they've started handing out dog treats at the drive through!! How cute! These were heart-shaped, and Hobie's usually really picky about treats. In fact, he won't usually take a treat unless it comes from "Mom." Or whomever just walked him, if I had to have someone else do it. He doesn't take candy from strangers, what can I say? 

I put it on the seat with him and started the drive back – I figured I'd just give it to him when we got home. Well, apparently, he just needed to "warm it up" first – he sat on it for a while, then he started looking for it and ate just about all of it! I found a little piece in the seat this morning, I guess he's saving that for his next trip!

No comments: